Artichokes are one of my favorite vegetables. It has such a distinct flavor yet there are so many diverse ways to eat it! In fact, my favorite pizza toppings are mushrooms and artichokes. It reminds me of the time I’ve spent in Italy. This recipe is a great Mediterranean recipe. I learned this recipe during the time I spent in Jordan. It’s meaty and hearty, yet the flavors are so delicate. You can perfectly pair this dish with a glass of white wine! So fill those glasses, say cheers, & enjoy this dish!
- 2 dozen Frozen artichoke bottoms
- Mazola oil
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 10 garlic cloves, squeezed
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon chicken boullion powder
- 3/4 Cup lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 300•
- Boil artichokes for 5 minutes.
- Then, drain and pat dry artichokes very well.
- Add 5 tablespoons Mazola in pan and fry artichokes till slightly browned. Once browned, place artichoke bottoms in pirex or baking dish.
- In the meantime, sauté beef with finely chopped onions, salt, and black pepper.
- Once cooked, fill the beef in artichoke bottoms.
- In another pan, add 2 tablespoons Mazola and squeeze 10 garlic cloves, brown a little, constantly stirring, but be careful not to burn the garlic.
- After the garlic begins to brown, add 6 tablespoons of flour. Mix well to incorporate with the garlic.
- Add water slowly and whip to blend in and dissolve the flour.
- Add chicken bouillon powder, salt and black pepper. Continue to whip until sauce becomes a little thicker. Remove from heat.
- Add 3/4 cup of lemon juice. Mix well.
- Pour liquid between the stuffed artichokes. It should cover the artichoke bottoms.
- Put in oven uncovered for 15 minutes. Remove and serve with rice.